Thursday 18 September 2014

A Reader's Poem


I received an email from a reader who had seen my poems and been inspired to write one of their own. I found it very touching and think you will too.



It's a worrying thought when you become invisible.
I'm not sure when it happened, and it's now a new lifestyle.
I now smile at everyone that I pass, but few respond.
More often it's the infants in their mother's arms,
who still possess the magic senses of the new-born.
The youthfulness of life never dies.
It remains inside, hidden by the aged exterior.
Which like the bark of the tree, few notice or examine.
The thought that all that past never really happened, 
is too terrible to accept.

The consequence that the end can only be a lesser experience
of what we may have imagined has gone before, leaves one request:
Please smile back.

If you would like to write something for the blog, just send me an email at rapunzeltheblogger@gmail.com

No comments:

Post a Comment