Thursday 15 January 2015

Short Story - School Bake-Off - Part Two

Monday 12th January 2015

Break time

Dear Diary,

I can’t believe it. All my hard work was for nothing. I put my cake in the food technology room this morning and I just came to check on it but it’s gone. I’ve asked all the teachers, students and even the caretaker if they’ve seen it. It’s not anywhere to be found and the competition is just over an hour away. If it doesn’t turn up now I’ll have nothing to present and Amber will definitely win.

Best wishes,

Beth

To my diary,

Roxanne had the brilliant idea of hiding Beth’s cake! We put it in my locker so she couldn’t find it and now there is literally no competition.

All the love in the world … Amber! xxxx



Home time

Dear Diary,

I won! I can’t believe it! Skye ended up accidentally saving the day. She went into Amber’s locker to get something and found my cake in there. Roxanne had obviously forgotten to include her in
their little plan and so Skye started showing everyone “Amber’s amazing cake”! I heard the commotion and went to have a look. That’s when I saw my stack of magazines being paraded around under Amber’s name. I plucked up courage and shouted as loud as I could, “But that’s my cake!” Everyone went silent and turned round to look. I snatched the cake out of Skye’s hands just as Amber started walking over with her actual cake. The look on her face was priceless as she realised she’d been found out. When we presented our cakes at lunchtime, there was no judging needed since Amber had broken the rules twice, by stealing my cake and buying all of hers; she was disqualified.

All in all a pretty good day and I even have some friends to celebrate with, now that people have started to notice me.

Best wishes,

Beth

To my diary,

Gutted. That’s the only word to describe my feelings now.

All the love in the world (not that I have any love to give) … Amber xxxx

No comments:

Post a Comment