Thursday 2 July 2015

Short Story - 'Earth 2' - Part Two

This is the second part of 'Earth 2'. If you missed part one, you can scroll down as it will be the post below this or click 'Older Posts'. 

“Daniel, switch to manual control. Adam, enter code 090800. Keaton, notify ground control, over.” In desperation I attempt to code a new route, but the system is malfunctioning. It has reset the password and none of us can access anything. Tears begin blurring my eyes, my whole body is shaking, rocking to and fro, there is nothing we can do to save ourselves, to save my daughter from a life without her mother. I start to scream, a piercing, blood-curdling scream. Please God, save me, I cannot die, plea-


On ‘Earth 2’, Lyra is showing her granddaughter the stars.
“Grandma, what’s that in the sky?” The little girl asks her in wonder.
“That, my dear, is an exploding star.”
“Wow, it’s amazing!”
Lyra’s eyes fill with tears as she remembers the night the failure of Earth 2’s mission was announced, and she wonders whether they have just seen her mother’s star.

No comments:

Post a Comment